It is easy and simple to set up a printer on a Windows computer. So, don’t worry if you have bought a new printer and need to set it up on Windows 10. Many printers can be set up wirelessly using different techniques, but you can also connect them via a USB cable if you choose. Here is a setup guide for both.
Every time you get a new device, Windows 10 makes it simple to install a printer. In the future, you can quickly and easily print documents by adding a wired or wireless printer to Windows 10 via the Devices section of your settings. If you have more than one printer, Windows 10 also enables you to connect them all at once.
On a Windows 10 PC, adding a connected or wireless printer only takes a few simple steps.
How to Add a Connected Printer in Windows 10
- Use the USB cord to connect the printer to your PC, making sure the printer is turned on.
- Click the Windows symbol in your toolbar, then start typing “Settings” until the app appears to open.
- Click “Devices” in the Settings app after opening it.
- On your screen’s left side, click the “Printers & Scanners” option under the Devices menu.
- Choose “Add a Printer or Scanner”; Windows will then be prompted to start looking for available devices to set up.
- Select the name of the printer you want to install, then follow the on-screen directions to complete the installation. Note that you should pick “The printer I want isn’t listed” if your chosen printer isn’t displayed in the list. The Windows troubleshooting feature will then be launched, and it should assist you in finding the printer you want to install.
In Windows 10, how can I add a wireless printer?
Many times, wireless printers are sufficiently sophisticated to automate the installation procedure. You will still need to initiate that process, usually through the LCD display of the printer. To find out the precise settings you’ll need, see the instruction manual for your printer. Your Wi-Fi network name and password are the only pieces of information you will unquestionably need to set up your wireless printer. This should be written down before you start the setup so you can enter it when your printer asks you to. Once configured, the printer ought to appear instantly under the Devices option in the Windows 10 Settings app.
Hiring an expert to set up a printer on a Windows computer:
A computer system is, in a nutshell, a mix of hardware and software. It is necessary to link hardware components correctly, and software refers to the data or instructions that are built into the system. Only if you have the correct understanding of each component’s role and function can you set up the printer on a Windows Computer. Computer technicians are skilled and knowledgeable enough to resolve such computer-related issues. They are familiar with every aspect of the system and are capable of keeping up with all updates.